Mark 16:15 (AMP) And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].

15 July 2010

RADICAL DISCIPLE’S DECLARATION by Pastor Harold Warner

Pastor Harold Warner is one of the leaders of the fellowship of churches I am a member of. He is one of the most genuine and inspiring ministers I have ever heard preach and he doesn't just preach the gospel he lives the gospel! Shortly after he was married he became a pastor and just before he moved to his first post with his wife he had a car accident which left him paralyzed from the waist down and ended up in a wheel  chair. As soon as he got out of the hospital, he went to straight back to that place and took up his calling to be a pastor and has been all over the world in his wheel chair preaching the gospel and he still is today! 
Today I am stepping across the line 
I’m tired of waffling and I’ve finished with wavering 
I have made my choice, the verdict is in and my decision is irrevocable  
I’m going God’s way, there is no turning back!
I will live the rest of my life serving God’s purposes, with God’s people, on God’s planet for God’s glory 
I will use my life to celebrate His presence, cultivate His character, participate in His family, demonstrate His love and communicate His word. 

Since my past has been forgiven,  I have purpose for living and a home waiting in heaven. 
Therefore I refuse to waste anymore time or energy on shallow living, petty thinking, trivial talking, thoughtless doing, useless regretting, hurtful resenting or faithless worrying. 
Instead I will magnify God, grow to maturity, serve in ministry and fulfil my mission in the membership of His family. 
Because this life is preparation for the next, 
I will value worship over wealth, 
We over me, character over comfort, 
Service over status and; 
People over possessions, position and pleasure, 
I know what matters most and I will give it all I’ve got 
I will do the best I can, with what I have for Jesus Christ today.

I won’t be captivated by culture, manipulated by critics, motivated by praise, frustrated by problems, debilitated by temptations or intimidated by the devil, 
I’ll keep running my race with my eyes on the goal, not on the side-lines or on those running by me  
When times get tough and I get tired, I won’t back-up, back-off, back-down, back-out or back-slide. 
I’ll just keep moving forward by God’s grace.

I’m spirit led, purpose driven, mission focussed, so I can’t be brought, I will not be compromised and I shall not quit until I finish this race 
I’m a trophy of God’s amazing grace, so I will be gracious to everyone, grateful for everyday and generous with everything that God entrusts to me
I am radical in the original sense of the word, rooted in Christ, rooted in love and rooted in His word.  
I hereby declare my supreme allegiance to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 
I say this however, whenever, wherever and whatever you ask me to do, my answer is yes 
I’m ready anytime; anyway, whatever it takes Lord, whatever it takes  
I want to be used by you in such a way, that on that final day I’ll hear you say well done good and faithful one come on in.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails