Mark 16:15 (AMP) And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].

4 April 2010

WEEK ONE: How do you know you are saved?


Caption: In this weeks picture is Rebecca from Southampton is a young lady I witnessed to and led to the Lord on an evangelistic ‘impact team’.  She joined our local church branch there and is living for God today. I spoke to her yesterday just to say hello and find out how she is getting on and I came away from that conversation amazed at how much God has moved in her life in the last year and how much she has changed and grown. [2 Corinthians 5:17]

Key Scripture: 1 John 5:11-14 (KJV); ‘And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us’.


Food for Thought: Before you can venture out and into the world to preach the gospel, you must be sure you are saved yourself. At a recent Christian Foundations class at my church, my pastor asked us all to consider the following question; “How do you know you are saved?”  He tasked us to find a scripture in the bible that gave us the confidence in our salvation and affirmed what we knew to be true. I must admit that having been saved for a while I was caught off guard because I had never looked at it that way, one scripture I have memorized that even in the hardest of times I could draw my reassurance from that piece of God’s word written on my heart… So I went I looked and I found 1 John 5:11-14 (our scripture of the week).

The Weekly Challenge: 
 1.Search the scriptures for yourself and find that one scripture that you can memorize; that is, ‘written on your heart’ that gives you your assurance.
 2.  Find one person this week you can witness to specifically to share you salvation story and the reason based on your scripture that you have confidence and assurance in your salvation. 
 3.Email us @ pgspreadtheword@gmail.com and tell us how you get on!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails